The Kids introductory sewing class will teach your child how to use a sewing machine, plus some foundation sewing skills.
At age 8-12, children have the mental capacity to learn the basic concepts and sufficient manual dexterity to operate a sewing machine. It’s actually the perfect age at which to learn. Sewing is an ideal creative activity for children. It develops their manual dexterity, hand/eye co-ordination, and encourages focus and concentration. Completing a sewing project from start to finish fosters a sense of accomplishment that can boost a child’s morale and self-confidence. And it’s really great fun! Plus it gives them a huge sense of achievement and self-worth.
In the Kids sewing class, numbers are limited so each child receive lots of attention and be carefully supervised.
Beginners aged 8-12. Younger children will be considered. They must be able to reach the floor when sitting at a desk 74cm high (standard desk height)
What will my child learn?
- How to use a sewing machine safely and confidently
- Practice sewing straight lines, curves and corners
- Make a heart-shaped lavender bag or pincushion
- Sewing machines, equipment and fabrics provided
- I am insured and hold a PVG (Disclosure Scotland) certificate